Let's make one thing clear right off the bat: coffee is subjective! I even wrote a whole post about this to make sure I got the point across. So before you look at my list of top rated coffee beans, please keep in mind that I am not a coffee expert and that these are merely my personal opinions and preferences.
Will you automatically like every coffee I list here? Very likely, no.
Will you potentially like at least one of the coffees I list here? I hope so. But as I said, I can't promise anything. So don't say I didn't warn you!
Now that I got that off my chest, let me tell you a little bit more about my whole bean coffee reviews:
- You will find coffee blends, espresso blends, and single origin coffees of all roast profiles in my top 10 list.
- If you are looking for top rated coffee beans in these respective categories, you won't find that here (yet).
- I only review whole bean coffee.
- You won't find any pre-ground coffee, K-cups, or Nespresso here.If that's what you're into…sorry in advance!
- I review all coffee within two weeks of being roasted.
- I am not paid to write reviews.
- In almost all cases, I buy the coffee myself.
- Sometimes, roasters will send me free samples which I fully disclose in my reviews.
- I do not let free coffee influence my reviews.
- Having said all of that, if you'd like me to review a particular coffee please feel free to contact me.
- I do not look at the roasters' tasting notes until I've finished the entire bag of coffee.
- In other words, I try all of these coffees blindly (with the exception of knowing them by brand, reputation, or name).
- I test as many different brew methods as possible.
- If you're curious about my coffee gear and what I brew with, click here.
Want more details on how I rate whole bean coffee, including a breakdown of the different rating categories I currently use? Click here.
Want to browse all whole bean coffee reviews? Click here.